The annual Big Olney Bake Off (BOBO) is on 8th September 2018 and is an essential part of The Big Olney Food Festival (BOFF). After another successful year in 2017, we are delighted to announce that once again we will be sponsoring and supporting the event. Great fun for people from the town and visitors alike, we urge you to take part.
Helen and Douglas House are two hospices specifically for children and young adults. Unfortunately Douglas House closed in June this year through a shortfall in funding and so any monies raised will be helping Helen House. This was the world’s first children’s hospice and provides a vital service at times when people need it the most.
To enter, just turn up on the day with your cake. This year however, there is big change. There are only two categories and prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
The categories are as follows:
- Under 12’s to produce a cake or cupcakes of any style
- 12 & over to produce a cake or cupcake of any style
Currently, we are busy putting together an expert panel of judges who are looking forward to tasting your creations on the day!
We hope that the Big Olney Bake Off will see the same high number of entrants as last year. At the end of the competition we will be selling the cakes by the slice and every penny raised will go to Helen and Douglas House.
Competition Timings and Rules
- Bring your baked goods to the main marquee, and find the Bake Off stall no earlier than 3.00pm on the day of BOFF Saturday 8th September
- The judging will take place between 4 – 5pm with winners announced and prizes given out on the day, so please stay around
- The baker should not be a professional (i.e. if you sell a cake that makes you a professional)
- Please ensure your name and phone number and age is clearly identified when you hand your cake in
- All cakes will be sold once the winners have been announced – all money raised is going to Helen and Douglas House
- By entering the competition you are giving your consent for your cake(s) to be photographed and used for future promotional material and for the cakes to be sold with all proceeds going to the chosen charity