Location: Olney, Milton Keynes
Salary: £35,000+ dependent on experience
We are a successful and awarding winning financial planning firm, based in Olney, Milton Keynes, looking to recruit an enthusiastic, driven, extremely organised and “smart working” Business Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional, comprehensive financial and administrative support to the business, working as part of a small, highly qualified and extremely busy team. You must be capable of independent thinking and be willing to bring ideas to the business. Being a team player is a given. As a small team, we work hard together, support eachother and have fun together. Sharing our values for the best possible standards and service are key.
The role of Business Manager will allow the right person to take the ownership and accountability for the successful and smooth-running of the business. As a crucial member of the team, you must be flexible in adapting to any changes that come along as the business grows, be able to successfully multi-task and have the ability to work to deadlines. The Business Manager will report to the Director. This is a full-time role, however flexible or part-time hours would be considered for the right candidate.
- Maintain business accounts on a weekly basis, including bank reconciliation, budget preparation and monitoring, preparing payroll and liaising with the accountant to provide end of year accounting information
- Provide HR support, from preparing job adverts, interviewing and induction training, through to monitoring performance of staff and conducting staff appraisals alongside the Director
- Ensure all areas of the business are up to date with training, health and safety, insurances (including the completion of proposals), accreditation and certification standard renewal
- Co-ordinate meetings, from monthly staff meetings, quarterly board meetings and half yearly staff offsites. Preparing agendas, cascading minutes and preparing any necessary documentation or presentations as required
- Liaise with outsourced compliance team to ensure all regulatory requirements are being met by the staff and the business, including preparing for file checks and production of management information as needed
- Report directly to the regulator twice yearly with crucial financial and company management information
- Oversee the smooth running of the office and taking the lead in ad-hoc projects, reporting progress to the Director through to completion
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Educated to GCSE level with grade C in both maths and English essential
- Previous experience within financial services is desirable
Business Manager Benefits
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 3% Employer pension contribution
- Potential for bonus up to 10% of salary
- A varied role with the opportunity to work on varied projects
- Support towards training/qualifications
Closing Date: 6th March 2020
Telephone interviews: 10th & 11th March 2020
Interviews: 18th & 19th March 2020
If you feel you’re suitable for this Business Manager role, then please apply here.