Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Purpose of job:
The role of the Business Manager is to ensure the smooth operational running of the office and the team. The role holder will keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its Clients. Ensuring that they are a role model for the ethical standards and values expected of the team and that the team adhere to our Code of Conduct at all times.
The role holder may from time to time be required to undertake reasonable or additional duties as are necessary to meet the needs of the business, our clients or our team.
Who are Jane Smith Financial Planning?
We are a family run, small and friendly business, based in Olney, just outside of Milton Keynes.
First established in 1994, our aim is to help our clients focus on their financial future by giving them clear options and advice. We’re proud to be an award-winning business and team. Jane Smith Financial Planning want their clients to be delighted, and we can only achieve delighted customers if we have exceptional people working for us.
We are looking for a Business Manager who can provide the exceptional levels of service and support that our clients and our team are used to receiving. In return, you will work in modern offices on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Olney, best known for its annual pancake race! We even have two office dogs; Poppy and Bertha. We have plenty of free car parking and will provide you with as much free caffeine as you need all day – whether that’s when we are able to be back in the office or when you are working remotely.
What’s the role of a Business Manager?
The role of the Business Manager is to ensure the smooth operational running of the business office. That covers everything from compliance with finance industry standards, developing and coaching our team, HR, IT, marketing and anything else in between!
You will need to have good attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and standards to keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its clients. You will also need to make sure that you, and our team, always follow our Code of Conduct.
This is not a role for the faint hearted, so we need someone who is personable and approachable as well as highly organised and methodical in their way of working. You will often have many tasks to manage, so the ability to prioritise your workload will be imperative. You may be given work or projects to manage for the team or the MD that you have never experienced before, so someone who thrives on learning new things and is unflappable and resourceful will be a success criteria for this role.
What’s in it for you?
If you join us as our Business Manager, you’ll be working for a successful, award winning team who don’t just want to deal with our clients differently, we also want to look after our people differently too!
On joining, you’ll receive brilliant training and on-going development to help you reach your full potential. You’ll be on a basic salary of between £45,000 and £50,000, with an annual bonus potential of 10% which is dependent on the company reaching its business goals as well as you reaching your own agreed targets. We might be small, but we offer big company benefits such as a company contributory pension scheme, a healthcare cash plan scheme, as well as 30 days holiday per year, because we think it’s important that you still have a personal life outside of work.
To land this role
If you are interested in joining us, then please apply here by no later than the 30th November telling us:
- Why you would be the perfect addition to our team
- What you believe are the winning ingredients needed to run a successful business
- Closing date for applications – 30th November 2020
- Telephone interviews will take place between the 30th November 2020 and 4th December 2020
- 1st Interviews will be held on the 8th or the 11th December 2020
- Final Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on the 17th or 18th December 2020
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Ensure company’s core values are fully embedded in all business activities.
- Act as an integrator between the Managing Director and the rest of the team to ensure the business is successful.
- Validate and prioritise ideas put forward by the Managing Director to ensure that targets set in the Business Plan are met.
- Document and coordinate the implementation of the Business Plan.
- Chair and organise biannual Team Strategy Days, quarterly Board, and monthly team meetings, in addition to weekly Level 10 meetings.
- Manage and oversee relationships with 3rd party suppliers (e.g. landlord, compliance consultants, accountants, software providers, marketing consultants) to secure optimal service agreements and deals.
Processes & Procedures
- Create internal service standards, and effective business processes and procedures.
- Review business policies, processes, procedures, and internal service standards on an ongoing basis in relation to client satisfaction, profitability, and efficiency.
- Ensure all business service activities comply with relevant legal & regulatory requirements and ethical standards.
- Oversee the delivery of all general office and business administration, ensuring all legislative and business requirements are met.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner as per internal company standards.
- Manage the team and their workload to achieve their business goals.
- Arrange employment of new staff and terminations/resignations of existing staff.
- Create and review organisational structure, roles and responsibilities on an ongoing basis.
- Establish performance objectives and training and development plans for the team and review at least annually.
- Coordinate training for all staff as per their career plans and company requirements. Ensure CPD requirements are met and maintain up-to-date training records.
- Create and maintain holiday and sickness registers.
- Oversee remuneration packages to ensure fairness and competitiveness.
- Organise and coordinate Team Days and other team functions.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are met at all times.
- Promote healthy working conditions and wellbeing of all staff.
Compliance & finance
- Oversee the development and documentation of accounting and bookkeeping policies and procedures for the business.
- Undertake general accounting functions e.g. payroll, bookkeeping and invoicing.
- Prepare financial statements and forecasts for the business (cashflow forecasts, annual budget, and relevant MI information).
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with the FCA and ICO requirements and assist Senior Managers in keeping the firm compliant, including day-to-day compliance management.
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions of RMAR, Companies House and Inland Revenue returns.
- Ensure that all business insurance policies (e.g. PI, Keyman, Employer Liability, Cyber Insurance) are sufficient and current.
- Oversee all IT services and systems with help of external consultants.
- Ensure data security, IT, and disaster recovery policies are in place and working.
- Manage all IT services and systems.
- Monitor all IT systems to ensure their optimal usage.
- Keep an up-to-date register of hardware, software and staff passwords.
- Oversee marketing plans, objectives, and programmes within the context of the overall Business Plan.
- Sign off on the annual marketing plan and budget.
- Appraise success of marketing activities in relation to the overall business strategy.