Location: Olney, Milton Keynes
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Company:
We are a successful and awarding winning financial planning firm, based in Olney, Milton Keynes, looking to recruit an enthusiastic, driven, extremely organised and “smart working” IFA Administrator. Working as part of a small, highly qualified and extremely busy team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional and comprehensive support to the Technical Specialist and Financial Planner. You must be capable of independent thinking and be willing to bring ideas to the business. Being a team player is a given. As a small team, we work hard together, support each other and have fun together. Sharing our values for the best possible standards and service are key.
The role of the IFA Administrator is to provide administrative and technical support to the Technical Specialist and the Financial Planner.
- Create and maintain accurate client records on back-office systems, platforms and any other IT systems e.g., cashflow & risk profiler
- Prepare client documentation and correspondence pre and post meetings as per business processes.
- Check accuracy and completeness of new business documentation.
- Ensure that all business applications are processed accurately and efficiently, in a compliant manner, to the firm’s standards.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained as per company procedures
- Record and reconcile fees.
- Ensure all work is followed up promptly in line with company standards
- Liaise with product providers to ensure timely and accurate responses to clients (progress chasing)
- Send Letters of Authority and gather accurate information.
- Obtain illustrations and application forms.
- Production of portfolio valuations
- Ensure fund switches / rebalances / top ups / withdrawals are carried out accurately and within company timescales.
- Provide a friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries.
- Ensure action points resulting from client meetings get diarised and dealt with Preparation for client meetings.
- Completion of provider application forms
- Managing new business recording and submissions to conclusion
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties
- Resolving any client or provider issues or concerns
- Managing your own workflow and tasks, plus project work
- Prepare client review documentation as per the Annual Review Process
- Support FPs in delivery of reviews, if needed
- Assist in implementation of agreed action points.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls
- Ensure back-office systems are kept up to date.
- Open, scan, log and allocate incoming post.
- General correspondence
- Other duties as directed by management.
- You will have a proven administrative career.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in either of the following roles is preferred but not essential.
- Technical Assistant
- Financial Services Administrator
- Highly organised, methodical and disciplined
- Able to prioritise and plan workload.
- Able to work within defined business processes.
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy.
- Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines.
- Able to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Microsoft Office Suite and electronic diary management
- Advanced Excel
- Knowledge of Financial Services Products
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
3% Employer pension contribution.
Potential for bonus up to 10% of salary.
A varied role with the opportunity to work on varied projects.
Support towards training/qualifications.
If you feel you are suitable for this IFA Administrator role then please apply today to email@example.com with your CV, a covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, together with your salary expectations.
Please be made aware that some pre-employment background checks will be required for this role.
N.B., we do not accept recruitment agencies.