Paraplanner / Technical Assistant
Location: Olney, Milton Keynes
Salary: £22,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
We are a successful and awarding winning financial planning firm, based in Olney, Milton Keynes, looking to recruit an enthusiastic, driven, extremely organised and “smart working” Technical Assistant. Working as part of a small, highly qualified and extremely busy team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional and comprehensive support to the Technical Specialist and Financial Planner. You must be capable of independent thinking and be willing to bring ideas to the business. Being a team player is a given. As a small team, we work hard together, support each other and have fun together. Sharing our values for the best possible standards and service are key.
The role of the Technical Assistant is to provide administrative and technical support to the Technical Specialist and the Financial Planner.
- Preparation of paperwork for client meetings
- Assisting with client meetings, including taking minutes and any follow up actions required
- Product research and basic suitability reports
- Managing new business recording and submissions to conclusion
- Communicating and recording product and planning analysis results
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties
- Resolving any client or provider issues or concerns
- Managing your own workflow and tasks, plus project work
- You have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a Technical Assistant / Paraplanner role
- Ideally, you’ll have started on the qualification route, but don’t worry if you haven’t, as a willingness to become qualified is more important and we will support you in this
- You like research and analysis, finding the detail that will help the Technical Specialists and Financial Planner provide a great service to our clients.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks, as this is what makes the Technical Administration team run smoothly.
- You get a real kick out of helping people to get what they want.
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You are good at building relationships with people, both internally and externally, and you understand the importance of building these relationships.
- You communicate clearly and can write well and speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating by email and on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and really make a difference. You are inquisitive and have a thirst for knowledge and learning and always strive to improve yourself and be the best you possibly can be, to ensure your development, as well as meet the financial regulatory requirements of the role
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 3% Employer pension contribution
- Potential for bonus up to 10% of salary
- A varied role with the opportunity to work on varied projects
- Support towards training/qualifications
Closing Date: 18th March 2020
Telephone interviews: 24th & 25th March 2020
Interviews: 30th & 31st March 2020
If you feel you’re suitable for this Technical Assistant role then please apply here.